SW14 1415

Photo by Paul Hunnell (Jim Jones Collection)

 
    ICG 1415 was originally built in December of 1950 as IC SW7 9422.  It was later renumbered IC 422 to make room for new locomotives assigned to that series by the IC.  In 1978 it was converted to SW14 1415, being released from the Paducah Shops in October.  It was repainted into the IC's new image scheme.  It was sold to Tyson Foods of Craig, Oklahoma on February 23rd, 1999 to become their 13873.  It was delivered to the KCS on May 6th, 1999, and presumably made it to Craig shortly thereafter.

Notes:  As you look through the photos, note that the two front center windows on the cab.  Also note the evolution in the side windows.  It is always tough to tell from photos, but this unit's sills have a brown tinge to them that appear to have been painted black at some point.

Date in Solid Orange: October, 1978-??

 

 

THE PHOTOS

1415aJimJonesCollection.jpg (58499 bytes)

Location:

Unknown

Photographer:

Unknown (Jim Jones Collection)

Date:

Unknown
Quality:  58k
 
1415bJimJonesCollection.jpg (48580 bytes)

Location:

Unknown

Photographer:

Unknown (Jim Jones Collection)

Date:

Unknown
Quality:  48k
 
1415cPaulHunnellJimJonesCollection03281982.jpg (55978 bytes)

Location:

Unknown

Photographer:

Paul Hunnell (Jim Jones Collection)

Date:

March 28th, 1982
Quality:  55k
 
1415dGeorgeHornaJimJonesCollection06121983.jpg (58021 bytes)

Location:

Unknown

Photographer:

George Horna (Jim Jones Collection)

Date:

June 12th, 1983
Quality:  57k
 
1415eMikeVanaGlennYard09151986.jpg (58251 bytes)

Location:

Glenn Yard

Photographer:

Mike Vana 

Date:

September 15th, 1986
Quality:  57k