SW14 1414

Unknown Photographer

 
    ICG 1414 was originally built in December of 1950 as IC SW7 9421.  It was later renumbered IC 421 to make room for new locomotives assigned to that series by the IC.  In 1978 it was converted to SW14 1414, being released from the Paducah Shops in September.  It was repainted into the IC's new image scheme and sold to National Railway Equipment in Dixmoor, Illinois on March 30th, 1994.  It then became Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway 108.

Notes:  As you look through the photos, note that the two front center windows on the cab, and the small window on the door were eventually covered up.  Also note the changes in the side windows.

Date in Solid Orange: September, 1978 - ??

 

 

THE PHOTOS

1414e.jpg (57512 bytes)

Location:

Unknown

Photographer:

Unknown 

Date:

Unknown
Quality:  57k
 
1414f.jpg (58949 bytes)

Location:

Unknown

Photographer:

Unknown 

Date:

Unknown
Quality:  58k
 
1414gRonPlazzotta.jpg (36450 bytes)

Location:

Unknown

Photographer:

Ron Pazzotta 

Date:

Unknown
Quality:  36k
 
1414cPaulHunnellJimJonesCollection09241983.jpg (53273 bytes)

Location:

Harvey, Illinois

Photographer:

Paul Hunnel (Jim Jones Collection)

Date:

09/24/1983
Quality:  53k
 
1414d.jpg (31062 bytes)

Location:

Unknown

Photographer:

Unknown 

Date:

Unknown
Quality:  31k
 
1414aJimJonesCollection.jpg (58466 bytes)

Location:

Unknown

Photographer:

Unknown (Jim Jones Collection)

Date:

Unknown
Quality:  58k
 
1414bJimJonesCollection.jpg (51872 bytes)

Location:

Woodcrest Shops

Photographer:

Unknown (Jim Jones Collection)

Date:

Unknown
Quality:  51k
 
1414hGeorgeMengeCraigZeniCollection.jpg (59414 bytes)

Location:

Unknown

Photographer:

George Menge (Craig Zeni Collection)

Date:

Unknown
Quality:  59k